Monday, May 15, 2017

Play With Fire

Originally posted: http://bohobunnie.com/play-with-fire-pachamama-bohemian-joshua-tree-fashion/

Well, you’ve got your diamonds and you’ve got your pretty clothes

As a musician I have my fair share of black clothing. So much black that I have a bin the the garage labeled “black overflow.” I have no idea what kind of ‘overflow’ I’ve stowed away, but certainly not important enough to have even opened the ten gallon plastic bin I filled over three years ago. Honestly, sometimes it’s fun to set it and forget it, and later revisit the forgotten garments of years past. It’s like going vintage shopping in my garage! Back to black…it’s only been recently that I’ve been getting into bold reds (starting with the dramatic color change in my hair last fall) and mixing fire tones with basic black has been one of my favorite color combos recently. This Pachamama Bohemian jacket is anything BUT basic, however, just using three colors this is one of my favorite boldest pieces I own. And it makes it all the more special that it was gifted to me for my birthday this year by the designer herself when she came to a show of mine in Florida this April. I love you Val!

Bold reds amongst the desert tones at Pappy and Harriet’s.

My favorite little bandana I got in Tokyo last March.

“But don’t play with me, ’cause you’re playing with fire.”

Hand-stiched Bohemian Jacket Pachamama Bohemian / Leather Pants GM Studio LA / Vintage Bolo

Hair: Ashley Layton / MU: Marelene Sullivan

Photography by Ashley Marie Myers

The post Play With Fire appeared first on Bounce Deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment